I've been working with LabView v7.1 and creating a number of applications that use Bluetooth to communicate between my laptop and the NXT unit. These were all built and tested for Windows machines. I want to also make them Mac compatible, but 7.1 doesn't support Bluetooth in the Mac.
So I've installed v 8.2. When I try to install the NXT toolkit, the installer finds the toolkit in 7.1 and opts to leave it on the local disk and not install anything into v 8.2. When I try to start my v 7.1 vi's in 8.2 the program starts asking for the location of nxt.ctl, and all the direct command objects like NXTToolkit.DC.CreateNXTObject.vi. I've done a mass compile on v 8.2 but that seems to have no effect.
The NXT Toolkit installer only allows you to install the software once right now. The most direct work-around is to un-install the toolkit from 7.1 and then re-install it in the 8.2 directory. Alternately, you can get creative and find the files in the 7.1 directory and manually copy them into your 8.2 directory.
Thank you, that got me past that point. I copied the two folders out of vi.lib/addons into v 8.2 and that problem went away. Now when I open my VI, down at the bottom levels the NXTSystemCall invoke nodes are complaing about ref nums and methods. This is getting down a lot lower than my experience level, and I'm not sure what to hook back up to them.
Finally got this one figured out. As above, just copying and moving the files didn't seem to work. I ended up removing V 7.1 and the NXTtoolkit from my computer, installing V8.2, installing the NXTtoolkit, and mass compiling the toolkit. My VI's open up and run fine in all respects.