From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Web Builder and MySQL connection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've created a web service VI (see image attached) to communicate my Web Builder app with a MySQL database. The problem is that I get nothing on my output indicators when calling the web service VI.

Some tests I've done:

1) This web service VI works perfectly (I mean indicators 'valor', 'status' and 'data_hora' give the desired output) when the VI executed directly through LabVIEW. So mySQL connection and my VI are OK... 

2) I'm know my web service VI has been correctly built and deployed because indicators give me some value if I link something to them other than my SQL output

(for example: if I put a constant string 'Hello' on the indicator 'valor' I get 'Hello' when calling the web service VI)

I suppose database connectivity toolkit is not supported when a VI is built into a web service VI. In my case, toolkit VIs are inside subVIs 'start', 'exec 2d' and 'stop' showed in the attached image.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Marcelo

web_service.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,084 Views)

I think it's easy to understand without subVIs. The full code of my web service VI is as follows:

webservice.PNG

An additional information: as error occurs on the output of the first VI of the Database Connectivity Toolkit when my web service is executed as a deployed web service VI. But when executing it from LabVIEW, no error occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,077 Views)

First I would like to know which labview version are you using and what the error number ocours.
I can say also that by creating an executable, is necessary to include a file in your application. The link below will show you how to do this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FCCCBC6B519CEC2E86256C95007E8FA9

Thanks for your contact and I hope this help you. Success in your application.

Regards,

Wesley Rocha
Applications Engineer
National Instruments Brazil
www.ni.com/suporte

Wesley Rocha
Application Engineer
National Instruments Brazil

Visite a nossa comunidade em PORTUGUÊS!!!

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev
Message 3 of 4
(10,023 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gracietti

I'm using LabVIEW 2001 Wesley, but I solved my problem.

It was just a MySQL database source problem: I just had to add my DB info through C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe.

Thanks

Marcelo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(9,964 Views)