From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web UI Builder and Data Dashboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I invoke a SubVI in an event? and how do I set the background color of a pipe to #0000ff?

When I click an image or a glass pipe(which belongs to Industry/Chesmitry category in palette), I want a SubVI to be invoked.

The purpose is to fetch an OPC-UA data from a web service and to write to it via the service.

We are building an HMI solution which displays an interactive water plant diagram.

When users click pipes and motors in the diagram, clicked devices should be turned on and off and change their animations or colors accordingly.

OPC-UA is for communication with devices.

I couldn't even set the background color of a pipe to "#0000ff", but setting it to "Red" or "Blue" was possible, and I don't know how to invoke SubVIs in event scripts.

The documentations in NI.com are confusing and lack depth.

Even silverlight references are confusing.

How do I do all of these?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,100 Views)

Hi iCat,

Can you provide some more information about your current implementation so that we can help to answer your questions. Some questions I have for you are:

1. Are you creating this project in the NI LabVIEW Web UI Builder or in LabVIEW?
  2. How are you publishing your webservice? Is this also in LabVIEW?
  3. How is your webservice interacting with an OPC-UA server?
  4. How is the certification set up with OPC-UA so that you can communicate between the server and the client?

Best Regards,

Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,064 Views)