From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Development for IOS Chrome Browser Hosted on Systemlink Cloud

Solved!
Go to solution

I've written several webvi's and deployed them to the system link site. When I open them in my chrome browser on my computer they look and act fine, but when I attempt the same thing on my apple iphone chrome browser I can see the back ground color of my vi but none of the the graphs, pictures, or controls. I do see one button though so I know I'm looking at the vi but I'm not sure why so many elements of the vi aren't showing up. Is this an issue with the system link cloud site's representation of webvi's or is there something in my code that I'm not accounting for that could be causing this issue?

Simple vi with a graph in it.Simple vi with a graph in it.

Chris Shelton
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Automation Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,139 Views)

Hi Chris, 

Can you tell me the phone model and phone iOS version? Maybe the Chrome version too? One concern is that the WebVI is loading slowly on your device or the OS doesn't support custom elements. Maybe you can try on another person's phone as well to sanity check. 

Your WebVI does seem pretty simple, so I'm concerned something else is going on. Let me know answers to the above and we'll get to the bottom of it. 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,135 Views)

Phone Model: IPhone 8

IOS Software Version: 13.4.1

Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.124

I had coworkers open my application on a Google Pixel 2, an Android, and another Iphone 8+ smart phone in the Chrome browser and it appears to work just fine on the Google Pixel and Android, but not the other Iphone.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.   

Chris Shelton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,122 Views)

Hi Chris,

I had a colleague built a simple WebVI with a Tab control and a graph running in the first tab and host it on SystemLink Cloud. I opened it on my phone (which actually has the same version #s as your phone) and everything seems to be normal.

I wanted to clarify - is the simple WebVI working for you also, and it's just this other one that doesn't seem to work? Or is the simple WebVI not working for you? 

What's the Web Module version you're using? 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,099 Views)

Rita, 

I'm using LabVIEW NXG Web Module Version 4.0.0. 

As for my simple VI's, they've worked on every computer I've tested them on and they worked on the Google Pixel and Android phones I tested them on to. But when I load it on Iphones most *if not all* of the elements aren't visible. Below is a picture of the simplest WebVI I've made. It's just a slider attached to a progress indicator, a button that controls an LED, and an enum that controls the LED's color. When I build the NI Package and load it to systemlink cloud everything works fine on my computer, but on my Iphone all I can see is the green background color and the stop button shown with a blue arrow in Figure 1. If zipping my project and uploading it might help I can make that happen. 

Justin_Credible_0-1591189988779.png

Figure 1: Simplest VI

Chris Shelton
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,058 Views)

Hi Chris,

Yes, we'd appreciate a copy of your project so we can look into this more.

Thanks!

Christina

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,050 Views)

I've zipped the project of the simple VI from the previous post and attached it. Let me know if I can help further.  

Chris Shelton
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,048 Views)

So far, we still haven't been able to reproduce the issues that you're seeing.

We uploaded your built .nipkg to SystemLink Cloud (public link to it here), and on an iPhone 8 in Chrome it looks like this:

(immediately after loading),  (after interacting with the controls some):

iPhone8WebVI_Loaded.png      iPhone8WebVI.png

By default the whole panel may not be visible since the panel dimensions in NXG are larger than the iPhone's screen size (as the left screenshot shows), so you may want to doublecheck that you're fully zoomed out on the web page in order to see all the controls.

If that's not the problem, can you attach a screenshot taken on the iPhone with the WebVI page open?

Can you also try loading the WebVI page in iOS Safari (instead of Chrome), and check if you have similar issues with Safari?

If you use any Content Blockers for Safari, you may want to try temporarily disabling those also (though I don't think they affect Chrome on iOS, just Safari).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,038 Views)

Ok now we're getting somewhere! 

When I followed the link you sent on my iphone I got the screen on the left in Figure 1. I attempted to rebuild the .nipkg file, post it to system link and access it from my phone. What I saw was the screen in Figure on the right. I knew that the area of the application was larger than the phone screen but was able to scroll over until I saw the stop button at the bottom. 

I've included screen shots of my steps to building the .nipkg file and posting it to systemlink. I noticed that when I select the file on my phone it requested that I enter the password again even after I'd already logged in. I attempted to make the file public to more accurately reproduce what you'd done but I didn't see any options for changing the security setting to public. Perhaps that might be the key difference? 

Let me know if there's anything else I can send to help out.

Justin_Credible_0-1591277526391.png

Justin_Credible_1-1591277559782.pngJustin_Credible_2-1591277582124.png

Justin_Credible_3-1591277607069.png

Chris Shelton
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,024 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin_Credible

I attempted to make the file public to more accurately reproduce what you'd done but I didn't see any options for changing the security setting to public.

To make a WebVI in SystemLink Cloud publicly available to everyone with the URL you can go to the share settings and enter the text "Everyone" as illustrated in the following GIF:

shareeveryone.gif

Milan
Message 10 of 12
(5,016 Views)