From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build LabVIEW web Service(http method)?

Hello!

I don't speak English, so I use a translator to write.

I add the table name to the POST buffer in webvi and send it to the application designed with LabVIEW,
Application is developing a program that searches the table name transmitted through POST from the DB and responds to the searched data with "Write Response.vi".

When you start the Web Service in LabVIEW project, the development works exactly, but does not work when you build it.

I want to install Webvi and Application on a PC without a development program.

I'm attaching a code to get a little idea.

Thank you.

Development environment
Windows 10 pro 64bit
LabVIEW 2019 32bit pro
NXG 5.0 pro

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,518 Views)

It sounds like you're having trouble when you build an application in LabVIEW that implements your web service. But the project file that you attached doesn't include a Build Specification, so I can't review the configuration for potential problems.

Can you share a copy of the project with the Application (EXE) Build Specification that you're using?

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,465 Views)

Unfortunately, I can't share the code I've developed.

The attached code has almost the same structure as the current project.

I just want to know how to use LabVIEW Web service on a PC that does not have a development program installed.

Are there any examples to refer to?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,458 Views)

Yes, there is a Web Services example that ships with LabVIEW:

<LabVIEW>\examples\Connectivity\Web Services\Weather Monitor\Web Services - Weather Monitor.lvproj

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,448 Views)