LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying TestStand .xml reports in Webservice

Hello,

I am trying to display TestStand 2013 reports in a LV webservice. The idea is to periodically update the page from on-the-fly report results. HTML report works ok, but the formatting is very messy and the filtering options extremely limited. I have reviewed the tutorials and the javascript would likely work, but as I am more familiar with LV I would prefer to do the polling there.

How can I display the xml reports and retain the custom formatting from TestStand while periodically updating the page?

Thanks,

Taneli

When displaying data, display it in a manner that a 7 year old can understand.
Message 1 of 2
(3,142 Views)

Solved

1) Open the report with a good text editor (notepad++ works). Check that the stylesheet path and filename is correct. Migrating from TS10 to 13 appears to have changed capitalization on a few files.

Unsolved

2) I was able to display xml reports with AML styles and each of the xml styles, but the SN ratio is still quite poor. I was also unable to display a more complex report run on TS10 containing hundreds of steps. The syntax error was in the header and the style mentioned again towards the end of the document but to do this properly I would have to try with a report made in TS13.

TODO: polling

When displaying data, display it in a manner that a 7 year old can understand.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,048 Views)