LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire through frames.llb

Author: smithd(NI)

I frequently find myself adding error structures to code after the fact and then you have to wire everything through the other cases. This is an early attempt to script that. If there is interest I may work to improve it, and of course anyone can feel free to work on it if they'd like.

For a plugin which just wraps code in a case structure and then tries to wire things up: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43723

Before:

before.png

After:

after.png

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

Yes, the JKI RCF did have this plugin as a demo, but I think they never released it to the public (do a search). The way it worked was by surrounding the selected code with an error case structure and wiring the error wire.

Active Participant
on

Ah actually that might be a better route. I mean I still like this (for things like conditional disables) but for the more common case of wrapping in an error structure it might make sense ot make a dedicated plugin. Thanks.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
on

Are you thinking of the linked tunnels feature of LV where you right click on an output tunnel and create a link to the input tunnel and it wires all the frames (and keeps them wired as you add new frames)?

smithd
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

No, I do use that feature but its really annoying to right click one each of them one by one. I think I'm probably thinking of what tst said.

smithd
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

tst wrote:

Yes, the JKI RCF did have this plugin as a demo, but I think they never released it to the public (do a search). The way it worked was by surrounding the selected code with an error case structure and wiring the error wire.

I really like how this turned out

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43723

basically I yanked a quick drop plugin and the code I already wrote for this menu and combined the two

Contributors