LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move unbundle item.llb

Author: Yair Neeman

Right click on an element in a Bundle By Name or Unbundle By Name node and select Move down or Move up to move the element up or down and rewire the code to match. This is useful if you have wires crossing each other and you want to move the element in order to prevent the crossing.

Before:

BeforeMoving.png

After:

AfterMoving.png

Note: The code here isn't great, but it does work. It could also benefit from some additions, such as adding support for property nodes, index arrays, build arrays, etc., but that would require some basic changes in how it works.

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Active Participant
Active Participant
on

I really like this plug-in and think it should be included in LV by default.

The only issue I am seeing is that the Undo does not work as expected. After moving a bundled item, using the undo (ctrl-z) will correctly swap the bundled names back, but the vi is now broken. Is there anyway to fix that?

Frozen_1-1643315267502.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

For some reason I haven't seen this reply before.

I do see the same issue in LV 2015 (haven't checked in newer versions) and it appears to be an IDE bug. The VI is broken, but doesn't list any actual errors and pressing the run arrow does cause it to become unbroken and run.

I haven't looked inside the code, but I believe this plugin simply uses whatever the standard is for undoing (I think there's simply an enum which tells the framework how to behave), so I don't what about these specific code changes causes LV to think the VI is broken. I haven't tried debugging to see if there's something we can do to let LV try to fix the VI, but it seems unlikely, as the undoing happens outside the control of the plugin.