From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Project Providers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProjectItem Sorting?

When "Arrange By" is applied to a ProjectItem that contains other ProjectItems -- for example, the "My Computer" node or a Virtual Folder -- can the re-shuffling of ProjectItems be intercepted by one of the Project Provider callbacks? Ideally, is an event or callback thrown after the re-shuffling has occured, so that the new order can be post-processed?

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 8.26.02 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,506 Views)

In other news... I just found out you can mark a discussion as a question and dole out points to good answers! If only i could retroactively do this for all the good answers on this forum!!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,477 Views)

JackDunaway wrote:

When "Arrange By" is applied to a ProjectItem that contains other ProjectItems -- for example, the "My Computer" node or a Virtual Folder -- can the re-shuffling of ProjectItems be intercepted by one of the Project Provider callbacks? Ideally, is an event or callback thrown after the re-shuffling has occured, so that the new order can be post-processed?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any events in the provider framework that are being called after "arrange by" is executed. It looks like all that code is implemented in LabVIEW's core code.

David, when you get a chance please check with someone at NI who can confirm this (after NI week ofcourse:))

JackDunaway wrote:

In other news... I just found out you can mark a discussion as a question and dole out points to good answers! If only i could retroactively do this for all the good answers on this forum!!!

If only there was something similar for the great questions that come up here too:)

-Sumedha

Sumedha Ganjoo | LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,477 Views)