cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mathscript missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello group,

I've previously installed labview 8.6, NI-DAQmx 8.6, and NI vision acquistion 8.6.1 on several computers, and is working fine.  However, currently (on a recently reformatted computer) i've installed all these software, but for some reason, it does not have mathscript.  When I open an example, it shows the mathscript node, but i cannot change it, and it's not listed in the mathematics functions (however, script node and matlab script is   ..see attached image).   Also, the signal express functin block is empty.

I've  tried using repair to fix it, but it didn't change anything.

I'm currently reinstalling, but am wondering if anyone knows why this would happen?

thank you,

veritas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author veritas
Hello veritas,

It sounds like you did not successfully activate LabVIEW on that computer.  This behavior is expected when the MathScript license is not activated.  To check your licenses and activate if necessary, launch the NI License Manager from Programs >> National Instruments.  Under the LabVIEW 8.6 section, verify that the Professional (or Full) Development System with MathScript is activated.  If not, you will want to activate this license to use MathScript.

The MathScript Node will not appear in the Script Nodes palette.  It will be in the Programming >> Structures palette and the Mathematics >> Scripts & Formulas palette.

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | LabVIEW MathScript | National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(10,782 Views)

Be careful ! math script may be missing because you are trying to insert a mathscript function inside a FPGA project or so.

Math script function will be enabled if you insert at the top level a VI .

So under the "my computer "icon from the project. add new VI and then you will be able to insert mathscript in the other files .

This is not a very good answer i have to run back home from school, but i hope you'll find it usefull

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,446 Views)

Yes, it was a licensing error that didn't show up for some reason in the list of inactivated products.  It was resolved when we updated to labview 2009. 

thank you for your reponses!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(10,430 Views)