LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can formula node take string input and output string?

I am wondering if the formula node can take string input variable and output string variable after calculation. otherwise I have to output integers and then use case structure to select different output strings, that is kind of redundant in coding.

ping

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(15,823 Views)

Hi,

If you are talking about Formula Node, the answer is NO. The Formula Node can not take a string input. Moreover, the Formula Node does not support complex data type or the matrix data type. If you really want to use these data types, please resort to MathScript Node. The supported data types of MathScript Node are listed in this page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(15,818 Views)

How can I pass a 2D string array to the mathscript node, and define a 2d string array output for it?

I know I can read it in row by row, but is there an easier way?

My real problem is that I need to read in a 2D array containing numbers and strings.Using the readFromSpreadsheet.vi, I can only read in one type. IS there any way around this?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(13,816 Views)

If you are just trying to read lines that have mixed formatting, you don't need any script nodes.

Can you attach a tpyical flne and a description of the desired read operation so we have a better idea what you are trying to do? Do all lines have the same overall format?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(13,806 Views)