LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView for ARM - MCB2300 Audio

Hi, and thanks for reading!

My name is Chuck and I'm an undergrad ME student taking a mechatronics course. We were asked to create a proximity alarm with the MCB2300 and an IR proximity sensor. I have the entire program running correctly, but this lab has brought up a couple questions about how to better implement audio with the LabView for ARM processors.

I understand how interrupts work, and I've seen a couple examples online of using an interrupt with a timed loop, but I believe the current version of LabView (2010) doesn't support that feature any more. I had a couple questions about how to get a feature similar to this to work with LV 2010.

I was thinking I could have the proximity trigger enable an interrupt that I could use to generate higher quality audio than I am already making with a While - Timer loop. However, I'm not sure how to make an increment in the interrupt VI without using some form of a loop. The solution I'm thinking of at the moment is to make a For loop run once and to have an incrementing integer separate from the loop iteration (which would only go from 0 to 1) that stores its most recent value in the shift register.

My other question is about playing a sound file through the MCB2300. I wrote a VI that reads a .wav file and writes each sample as the output needed to drive a speaker, but that decompression turns a 10KB .wav file into a 300KB text file. I also don't have a way to really load the text file onto the board. Is there any reasonable way to go about this? I found an example online that processes audio data using the MicroVision software, but I don't want to learn a new language to implement this.

Sorry for such a long post, I just had a couple questions and was looking for some feedback. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,610 Views)