LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I invoke subvi?

2012-11-20_151656.pnghello,how can I relize that main.vi invokes LED1.vi.(Note:LED1.vi in EK-LM3S8962 ),thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,746 Views)

Call LED1 inside main. 

as simple as that..

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,604 Views)

Hey 流年似水, 

The important thing to note is that main.vi is a VI that runs on the desktop computer. The LED1.vi is running on the ARM Target. So, this presents a bit of a problem. If you have multiple VI instances on a desktop computer we can use a subVI call without any problems. If there are multiple VI's on multiple computers, we can solve this problem as well using VI Server to dynamically call a VI to run across machines.

Now we address the circumstance of communication between desktop environments and an embedded target. NI embedded targets running PharLap and VxWorks operating systems, with LabVIEW Real-Time software installed, can leverage the VI Server. However NI embedded targets running the RTX operating system, with LabVIEW embedded for ARM components installed, cannot use the VI Server, to my knowledge. 

If you're looking to command a component of code running on your ARM target, I would recommend using either a network published shared variable or standard TCP/IP communication. You can pass string messages between the two systems which can serve as both commands for the code and values to pass between them. 

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,590 Views)