LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18f4550 USB Data Acquisition Card - Labview

Hello!

I made USB Data Acquisition Card from here:
h...p://www.elektor.com/magazines/2007/november/usb-data-acquisition-card.271706.lynkx

And I want controll this acquisiton card over Labview.

Could you tell me please, is it possible and how!?

What I need to do!? (step by step)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(13,271 Views)

Hello,

The main thing we need to address with this Data Acquisition card is whether or not you have created a driver for this or not.  If you have created a dll that can access the data acquisition card you can use the Call Library Function Node to use the dll.

If you have not created a dll you can use the  Visa Driver Development Wizard to create a driver for your device.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(13,242 Views)
Hallo I got the same problem. I got the same DAQ, I have te DLL file and I found the Call Library Function Node but that is when I stuck. I don’t know which parameters I need to fill in. can some one thell me how to go on.  @124132543 maybe you already heave the DAQ working en can you help me.

Roy ( Holland)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(13,190 Views)

Hello,

The data acquisition device and driver should have some sort of manual or documentation.  This should detail exactly what functions and parameters you should use with the dll.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(13,163 Views)

Hi

I am also trying to control this elektor daq card over labview. Are you successful in controlling this card over labview?

In the link which you have mentioned this daq card is controlled by visual c++ exe file . Have you made the same controls

on labview front panel?

Please send me your VI which you have developed in order to communicate with this daq card. I must have to control this 

daq card Digital and analog I/Os from labview by the end of next week. 

Please Reply

Regards

Simon

usb_novice@rocketmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(12,876 Views)

Hi 124132543

Please reply as soon as possible.I have to control this daq card over labview within a few days.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(12,860 Views)

Hi 124134543

please, please and please reply. I am waiting.

thankyou 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(12,840 Views)

Hello.
I did the same DAC I and the driver works well on Windows XP and labview. But this does not work with Windows 7 or Windows 8. The problem is the driver provided by microchip that is only compatible with Win XP Does anyone have a driver compatible with Windows 7/8?.

Hola.
Yo hize la misma DAC y el driver funciona bien en windows XP y labview. Pero esta no funciona con Windows 7 o Windows 8. El problema es el driver proporcionado por microchip que solo es compatible con Win XP ¿Alguien tendrá un driver compatible con Windows 7/8?.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(7,693 Views)

Hello Navila,

Can you confirm that you are trying to use this microcontroller? 

Were you successful under Windows XP using Microchip drivers or did you create your own? You will likely want to contact Microchip directly regarding how this controller can be used in Windows 7 or 8 unless one of our users happens to have worked with this device before. 

Have you been able to get in touch with Microchip?

Best regards,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(7,671 Views)

Hello

I wanna work on data acquisition card, but I don't know what can I do? How can I start? Is there any body help me? :(((

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(7,495 Views)