LabVIEW Development Best Practices Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database in ms access

Hi friends i am new to DB Tollkits i have done some database through this toolkit..but when i try to give the coloumn header name which have some special character(likeS.no) it didnt accept it and generates the error ..so how to add the special charcter like (.dot ,kemma) in colomn header of database in ms access through DB toolkit.. iam using Jet ODBC..pls give me....

Another assists i needs from u all, i have heard using This labvie DB toolkit We can able to write the data in remote pc database..i want to know how to do it...in DB toolkit manula i didnt get like the examble..pls helb me

Raj
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,131 Views)

For your first question, try enclosing your column name in square brackets - [likeS.no]

For the second issue, just specify the remote database in your connection string (www.connectionstrings.com).  What issues are you having?

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,215 Views)

error.bmpcoloumn header.bmp

thanks for your reply  have tried what u told like put the [S.no] even i get the error...can i know what means?

Raj
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,215 Views)

I got it .i think that  there is no option to add the special caractor..because this toolkit have ansi Sql format it doesnt support these kind of charctor but we can use _(space) instead of .(dot )..it accept it

see this link it have details about it

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/22A45DF5C85AB3F286256CC30073C5AC

Raj
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,215 Views)

As per jcamody suggestion:

Header Names that include special Chars in SQL DB must be surrounded with [..].png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,215 Views)