LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BER trigger threshold

Hi, I am trying to calculate BER rate of a PSK modulation simple TX and RX. I added the sync and guard bits. I use MT-calculate BER after trigger vi. I dont understand the intuitive explanation of BER trigger threshold of this vi. I know that this defines the minimum number needed of input bits. How much it should be to have reliable BER plot based on E0/No? I attached my vi here. Please help me understand if what I am doing is a reliable experiment. Also dose anyone has a vi calculating the BER over USRP?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,820 Views)

Hi Ferdoon,

For the MT Calculate BER gvi, there is additional documentation available here that discusses the input definition more in depth. 

Essentially, the "BER Trigger Threshold" input determines when the "Trigger Found" output boolean becomes true. Depending on the trigger threshold and the confidence required, the input will require more bits to check before calculating and returning a "True" or "False" value for "trigger found."

Does this make sense?

Regards,

Stephen 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,766 Views)

Thanks for responding.

Inside the BER.vi, there are three vi called BER on block. The first one calculate the BER for the first minimum bits. Then if the calculated BER is less than the threshold, We go to the second BER on block. I don't understand why we have the second one. Since in the third BER on block vi we calculate BER for all input bits and the BER result of this vi is the one reported as the final BER.

What you said totally make sense but I need a deeper explanation on it.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,763 Views)

Hi Ferdoon,

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Could you be more specific with the names of the gvis, or at least provide screenshots for reference?

Also, what are you hoping to learn from this? I understand the desire to get a better understanding of the code, but is there a confusion about the function of the Calculate BER gvi?

Best,

Stephen 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,760 Views)

You are right. I will provide a good picture with my questions regarding every concept of it and get back to you. In this case I will be sure not to confuse you.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,756 Views)