From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help LabVIEW Cloud Toolkit for SQS

Hi, I have tried on a different linux RT cRIO 9035. I get different error message this time: Error 59 occurred at LabVIEWHTTPClient.lilib:GET.vi:390001.

Possible reason:

the network is down, unreachable, or has been reset.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,282 Views)

I put my cRIO-9032 on UTC time (from GMT-6). Current time on the cRIO adjusted itself from 3:22 pm to 8:22 pm automatically. I left the current time as is...8:22 pm UTC. I did not reboot my cRIO and I ran the SQS example at 3:22 pm local time. Create New SQS Queue.vi ran without error and created the queue. Confirmed with AWS dashboard.

If you use UTC, be sure your controller's current time is actually UTC. If you use a GMT setting, be sure the time is adjusted for Daylight Savings (check box) on the controller's Time Settings page. After making changes to the Time Settings, click "Save" in MAX. Do not reboot the controller. Then try running the example VI.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,247 Views)

Another thing you can try is to run the attached VI on your desktop and on your controller. It reports your system time in UTC format. If your desktop and controller are configured identically (time zone, daylight savings, etc), the reported UTC time strings should match.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,240 Views)

I have the same issue on a cRIO-9066. It does not seem to be related to the time/date. Were you able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,118 Views)

Try restarting your RT.

I encounter the same problem.

I try to change the time too, but nothing works.

Then i try to instal new software in myRIO and it works, but the next day it is not working again. Then i just restart myRIO, suddenly it works.

Kudos and Marked as Solution == Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,085 Views)

I agree that LabVIEW cloud toolkit documentation is limited.

If you are looking for a way to access FIFO queue, i suggest you take a look at AWS Iot 1st.

From there, you can access AWS service like Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS,SNS,S3.

From AWS kinesis you can access other service.

For easy interfacing your app with AWS IoT, you can use the toolkit to access the thing shadow  to post or retrieve data(Even though it is not supposed to be used for that). But i recommend MQTT so you can post and subscribe any topic you want.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(2,085 Views)

Dont just change the timezone, change the hour,minutes and seconds.

And dont restart your RT if using Linux, restart it if using pharlap or vworks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,082 Views)