LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS IoT Certificate and Keys

I have used the AWS cloud toolkit IoT vis with an access key and secret key to programmatically set up my IoT things, policies, and create certificates/keys.

I'm trying to now use the certificate and keys to subscribe or publish to an MQTT topic from a device (no access key or secret key). I haven't been able to find a way to establish the MQTT connection with the certificate/keys. Has anyone worked out a solution for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,171 Views)

Since the AWS IoT toolkit interfaces with AWS through the HTTP REST API, it doesn't have a way to interface with a MQTT topic. 

Are you wanting to both receive and send messages from/to a topic? If you only care to send messages, it looks like AWS supports HTTP POST operations to publish a message to a IoT topic. 

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/iot/latest/developerguide/protocols.html

This might be easier to implement than the MQTT web socket method.

Danny Funk -- Senior Group Manager -- Software R&D -- NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,134 Views)

Hey, Danny!  It's very interesting what you say but I can't publish to a topic using HTTP, the AWS documentation is very bad so I'm sure I have some errors in the URL. I attach a simple code, can you tell me what you think is wrong? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,002 Views)

Can you enter the values you intend in the controls of sample.vi and click " Edit > Make Current Values Default " and re-upload so we can see how you are trying to use these LabVIEW Primitives? Currently the pseudocode of what you uploaded is:

get http handle
post ?? to handle

________/~~~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~\________
Certified delinquent LabVIEW developer. Recertifying at next NI Days
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,997 Views)

Hi Dave,

I'm just starting with AWS IoT module. Can't find any example of IoT. You mentioned that you have been able to come up with a project using this module. I'm wondering if you could share it to demonstrate how it publishes data to Amazon Graph, if possible.

Thanks,

Dahai

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,056 Views)