LabVIEW Automotive Ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME/IP Client / Server Examples

Hi,

thx for the example. Do you also have a version, that works with IPv6?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(5,609 Views)

I have not tested IPv6 yet, but there is a good chance, that it works with IPv6 as well. Maybe it is worth to try it: Just specify the unicast and the multicast addresses as IPv6.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(5,601 Views)

Hello,
I have executed code for SOME/IP protocol among Server (C++) and Client (C++) with the help of described method at "https://github.com/GENIVI/capicxx-someip-tools/wiki/CommonAPI-C---SomeIP-in-10-minutes" .
Now as my next experiment, I need to connect another client (HTML5/JS) to this Server (C++) via SOME/IP. I am unable to find the HTML supportive/binding files. I have below query for that
1) Where I can find the "code generator tool" which can generate the binding code for HTML client.
2) If "code generator"is not there, Is there any another way for create binding files.

3) As I see the in this Labview example, there are SOME/IP supporting files in the project. How these are created.

Please help me in this. Thanks in advance. 

Regards,
Kuldeep

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(5,428 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to run Client_Subscribe.vi but something is wrong.

Error Out:

Code: 1097

Source: Call Library Function Node in Client_Subscribe.vi

How can I solve it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(5,275 Views)

Looking up the error code, it appears an exception occurred within the external code called (see article). Have you been able to run the Client_EventAndField.vi example successfully, or does the same error occur there as well? If you run into issues there, be sure that you have carefully examined the README and have followed the steps there.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(5,265 Views)

Solved problem!

I made a mistake with DLLs because I have 64-bit version Windows and 32-bit version LabView.

Now, all works fine.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(5,243 Views)

Hi, 

I'm running Client_Event_Serialized_Payload but traffic is in loopback adapter instead of Ethernet Adapter (server is offering services there).

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

josper_0-1603277369732.png

josper_0-1603278741390.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(5,178 Views)

Hi,

Just to confirm, does your C:\etc\vsomeip.json file specify a unicast address that matches the IP address of the interface you are trying to use (as documented in CONFIGURATION_FILE.txt)? After changing this value, you may need to restart your system.

Out of curiosity, how many Ethernet adapters are in your system?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(5,109 Views)

Hi, 

There are two Ethernet adapters, which is in all devices. The IP address and netmask for the Ethernet adapter in use is set manually and written in vsomeip.json.

Anyway, I have disabled the ethernet adapter that I don't use and it doesn't work either. It only sends [find] requests through loopback.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(5,095 Views)

Hello there, I'm working in a device that uses SomeIP as a server so I'm using in my PC the "Client" Vi's to communicate with the device.

I noticed using Wireshark when sending a service_request you can send the Major/Minor version, but when sending a request using the "Client_SendRequest.vi" the SomeIP Interface version in the header always remains as "0". So the question is:

• Is there a way to change the "Interface Version" when using the "Client_SendRequest.vi"?

The following is the process:

1. Create Session
  2. Request Service
  3. Check Service Available
  4. Send Request
  5. Get Response
  6. Close Session
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,457 Views)