LabVIEW Architects Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call for presentations and suggestions for 2020

Sam, is your framework available on GitHub?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(2,950 Views)

@Daklu wrote:

Sam, is your framework available on GitHub?

It is on Gitlab.

It's part of a larger project called class refactoring tools.

https://gitlab.com/sas_public/class_refactoring_tools

Check it out. Let me know what you think.  There are a few improvements I have in mind, but I am kinda of waiting for LV2020.  I think interfaces would greatly improve it. It's on 2019 right now.

Sam

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(2,929 Views)

I have a presentation that I've given a handful of times on how I believe "Clean Code" by Robert C. Martin applies to LabVIEW programming.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(2,897 Views)

I have a presentation called "Why You Should (Not?) Write Your Own Framework" that I could give. It has evolved a fair bit since I originally gave it at the CLA Summit last year.

--------------------------------------
Message 14 of 29
(2,896 Views)

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

I have a presentation that I've given a handful of times on how I believe "Clean Code" by Robert C. Martin applies to LabVIEW programming.

We would have to decide things much further in advance but if we really wanted to try something different we could do a more book club type event where one of the hour presentations is replaced with a group discussion about some book we agreed on reading over the past quarter.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(2,875 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@ChrisStrykesAgain wrote:

We would have to decide things much further in advance but if we really wanted to try something different we could do a more book club type event where one of the hour presentations is replaced with a group discussion about some book we agreed on reading over the past quarter.

Funny you should mention that 😉

I was planning on inviting Richard Jennings and talk about LabVIEW Graphical Programming, 5th edition at one of our meetings,  perhaps the one after NIweek.

What do you think?

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(2,869 Views)

I totally love the book club idea.  I've been triying to start one here in Denver, but it hasn't picked up much traction.

Sam Taggart
CLA, CPI, CTD, LabVIEW Champion
DQMH Trusted Advisor
Read about my thoughts on Software Development at sasworkshops.com/blog
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(2,866 Views)

@FabiolaDelaCueva wrote:

I was planning on inviting Richard Jennings and talk about LabVIEW Graphical Programming, 5th edition at one of our meetings,  perhaps the one after NIweek.

What do you think?

What did you want to present about specifically? I'm guessing there are more than a few topics that cold be covered under the umbrella of "LabVIEW Graphical Programming".

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(2,862 Views)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@FabiolaDelaCueva wrote:

What do you think?

What did you want to present about specifically? I'm guessing there are more than a few topics that cold be covered under the umbrella of "LabVIEW Graphical Programming".

Pick a chapter and we can talk about that chapter 😉

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(2,853 Views)

We're still looking for presenters for the 18th - neither of our two top kudos can make that date.

Of the folks who have offered, who can be ready in two weeks?

Both of my presentations are ready.  Darren's are also available (if Darren can make it).  Anyone else?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(2,830 Views)