cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting Installation Issue

Hi

NI Labs – VI Scripting Read Me

Activating VI Scripting (Windows):

You need to activate VI Scripting before the feature is available in LabVIEW.

1. Select Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI License Manager to open NI License Manager.

2. Expand the Local Licenses, LabVIEW, and Toolkits items to display the Scripting Development item.

3. Right-click the Scripting Development item and select Activate to open the NI Activation Wizard.

4. Select the Automatically activate through a secure Internet connection option and click Next. Enter the provided serial number (L12S86758) and click Next.

5. Follow the remaining steps in the NI Activation Wizard

After the installation of "LabVIEW  Scripting API - WinXP" I dont see the "Scripting Development item" as mentioned in the step 2.

I have LabVIEW 8.6.1.  please let me know how to resolve it.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,928 Views)

Hi Anish,

Have you checked for the Scripting Development item under "Labview 8.6/Toolkits" instead of under "Labview 8.6.1/Toolkits"? Activating it there will carry over into 8.6.1.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,085 Views)

i dont see any menu like LabVIEW 8.6. Also I have installed LV 7.1,8.2,8.5 on my station, but I don't find the item under any of these LabVIEW  versions.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,085 Views)

Hum, 8.6 vs 8.6.1 was the only issue I encountered.

Have you tried the different tips and workarounds in the comments for document http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4973 ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,085 Views)

Jun 3, 2009 3:02 PM

BradyDuggan  says in response to Qia.sky: Ahh... I think I've got it. The Scripting Installer doesn't detect if you installed the general NI software to a custom location (it finds LabVIEW, but not the general NI folder). Namely, it doesn't work unless the License Manager is installed to Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager. I will try and correct the installer.

Until then, after installing you can copy

Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\Licenses\LabVIEW_Scripting_PKG_080600.lic

to whatever location you have the License Manager installed to.

Let me know if this works for you.

-

Thanks for all. The Above notes helped me resolve the problem. I have installed the LV in D:\<>\Ni\Lv8.6  and the Licence file went to C:\<>\NI\Shared... that was the problem.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,085 Views)