From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open application instance

I'd like to use scripting to open up a VI in a different application instance.

http://content.screencast.com/users/kamocat/folders/Jing/media/62f73c18-36c0-4c94-ba01-115925f3e6fb/00000069.png

My entire goal is to make a VI to change all my open VIs (or all my open VIs within a certain directory) to be targeted to my Lego Mindstorms NXT, so that my revision control doesn't try to record the recompile that results when I switch between targeting my computer and targeting the NXT.

Anyways, I'm a little confused about how to go about this.  LabVIEW crashes when I try to get the operating system info of a VI targeted to the NXT.

So, I had put that aside and was trying to figure out how to switch a VI between the application instance of the Project and the main application instance.

Let's start with the basics:
How do I create an application instance that is different than the current one?

How do I open up an already open VI in a new application instance?  (Do I need to save it first and then call it by path?)

Marshal Horn
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,200 Views)