LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I there a way to find deprecated property/invoke node calls?

The Get VI Dependencies method I mentioned above returns both the dependency names and the dependency paths.  It also gives you good control over what a "dependency" means, which is why the previous properties were deprecated.

VIDependencies.png

Message 11 of 16
(1,486 Views)

Can someone explain what is a "Standard VI" and a "Generic VI" as refered to in this "Get VI Dependencies" invoke node?

Thanks in advance.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,486 Views)

Standard VIs are just that - a VI (or subVI, depending on your point of view).  It is not a global, control, polymorphic or generic VI.  A generic VI is a very buggy internal feature that may or may not ever make it out the door.  However, it is another VI type, so is covered by the method.  It is very similar to a standard VI.

Message 13 of 16
(1,486 Views)

Right so I guess it doesn't change much if I include generic VIs or not since anyway my project don't have any of these.

Thanks for explaining!

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,486 Views)

Here's what I came up with : a VI that looks through a project and highlights deprecated property nodes (sorry for the huge BD) :

http://forums.ni.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/83410i5B82D191319F5BD1/image-size/original?v=mpbl-...

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,486 Views)

just posted this : Find deprecated nodes

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,486 Views)