LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get/Set Output Inversion for Compound Arithmetic

I am stuck trying to find a way to get or set the output terminal inversion status for the compound arithmetic node.  Invert Inputs?[]  works (a bit peculiarly) only for the input terminals.   Any ideas on what to try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,264 Views)

It appears that this function has not been exported to the scripting API.  The easiest workaround is to create a template containing the node with the output inverted.  Move it to your final code when you need it.

I have file CAR #197239 to put this in the queue to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,838 Views)

Thanks for checking into this.   I have used a similar method to your suggestion for setting the output inversion, and I have also tried inverting all of the inputs instead.  Neither is fully satisfying, but functional.  To check for the output state I copy the node to a new vi, change the mode to add, resize to 1 input, make sure the input is not inverted, wire a constant to the input terminal and an indicator to the output, run this vi, get the indicator value and use this value to determine the output state.  Now that puts the 'around' in work-around. 

Thanks again, I look forward to the fix with bated breath.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,838 Views)

I just occurred to me that it may be easier to drop an invert node after the compound arithmetic.  It would depend on your space requirements.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,838 Views)

DFGray wrote:

I just occurred to me that it may be easier to drop an invert node after the compound arithmetic.  It would depend on your space requirements.

In general yes.  In this case, would completely defeat my purpose.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,838 Views)