LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Control or Function

I have a quick question and a comment about the "Drop Control or Function Method".

niforumtmp.png

• Question: It does take a long time (over 30s on my machine) for the method to do anything on the first time it is called (I assumed this is due to the fact that it does index the palette content). Is there anyway to speed this up?
  • Comment: The built in drop control is escapable (press esc and the item at the mouse pointer goes away); this method is not (you have to drop the item). Is this a bug?

PJM

vipm.io | jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,463 Views)

Which version are you using?

I vividly remember this delay from 7.0 (although I got used to in the end), but it's no longer there in 8.6 (maybe because they handled it for the quick drop feature).

Also, I'm fairly sure you can cancel in 8.6. I don't remember what that part was like in 7.0.

(2,927 Views)

I still have the delay in 8.6 although the escape issue is gone.

Note: the previous test was runned in 8.2.1

PJM

vipm.io | jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,927 Views)

Hi

Have you tried different settings under "Controls/Functions Palettes"/"Palettes Loading"? Influences Quick Drop.

And a question: I might be going blind, but I cannot find this "UI. drop..." method under the scripting enabled application method list. (And the lack of it, or what I think it does, has been      driving      me      nuts). Is anything beyond the scripting license needed?

Espen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,927 Views)