From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Pane Pattern Numbers

I'm trying to set a subVI connector pane pattern using the "ConPane:Pattern" property, but its input is just a U32. Before I make a bunch of subVIs with each pane to read the number, is this documented anywhere?

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,432 Views)

I posted some documentation on this here.  If you have scripting enabled, there should be a LabVIEW example you can pull up in the example finder.  Darren also posted an example within the last week, but I was unable to find it quickly.

One caveat, if you rotate the connector pane to a position that is functionally the same as the original version (e.g. rotate a 4-4-4 pane 180 degrees), the numbering will revert to the original, not the rotated numbering.  I believe this changed about LabVIEW 8.2, for those of you back-porting your code.  If you need to worry about this, make sure you test your functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,247 Views)

I believe the document you're referring to is here. This isn't what I'm looking for. That shows the terminal order in each of the connector patterns. I need the U32 that corresponds to each of the connector patterns.

Fortunately the Example "Connector Pane Pattern Reference" shows both. I forgot there are scripting examples.

Thanks

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,247 Views)

The Connector Pane Patterns.zip document I linked above does contain the pattern numbers.  Unzip to the directory of your choice and open the HTML.  Make sure you have all the PNGs in the same directory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,247 Views)

I guess that's what I get for trying to read the thread on my phone. I missed the document.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,247 Views)