From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

JKI State Machine Objects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register array of events

Hi,

I often want a SMO to register to an array of events. For instance, let's say my "main SMO" has several dependencies, I want the "main SMO" to listen to errors and status update of all the dependencies. 

In order to do that, I convert the static dependencies cluster to an array of SMO, unbundle the public event cluster and make an array of error events and status event which are then registered:

EventsArray.png

It works but sometimes, the event structure seems to "lose the connection" with the events array and shows "#20: unknown event (0x0)" or something like that:

EventProblem.png

This happens almost all the time when I add a new method or event via the SMO editor. More annoying, it also happens randomly when I reload the Labview project: everything is broken (and it was not when I last saved the project) which is quite frustrating.

So, is there a better way to listen to array of events? If not, is there a workaround to prevent the event structure from "forgeting" about the events?

Thanks,

Regards,

Peper

PS: I'm using Labview 2015 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,115 Views)

Peper,

I've seen this bug once or twice in LabVIEW 2015 and it is not exclusive to the SMO framework. I'd be interested in hearing from NI regarding this bug.

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,680 Views)