Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform data via IVI reading

Hello,

the waveform datas read via IVI "Scope read" only contain the waveform values (1D array), but no timing stamps.
Is it possible to get the inital and increment values, too? I'm using TestStand 3.5 and a LeCroy LT344L.

It works fine when I use the .vi's provided by LeCroy, but I would prefer the IVI steps.

Thank you!

Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,129 Views)
The IVI scope class driver has outputs called 'initial x (seconds)' and 'x increment'..
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,123 Views)
Hello Dennis,

thank you for your fast response.
Unfortunately  it's still not clear to me, sorry for asking again.

The waveform values are stored in a new created local variable.
But where can I access to the timing variables? Is it somewhere in the folder "Variables/Properties" of the Expression Browser? I can't find it.....
Or do you mean some settings I have to do in advance in MAX, for example?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,118 Views)
I think I minunderstood. I thought you were calling the IVI class driver in LabVIEW. You're calling the IVI step in TestStand? I don't have TestStand installed on this computer so I'm just guessing that they are returned in one of the Step variables (i.e Step.Measure.something). It's going to be quite a while until I get to a pc with TestStand and and find the exact name of the variable if they truly are returned by the TestSTand step. I've only used the IVI class driver in LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,112 Views)
Yes, I call it in TestStand.
I really assume that  the values are returned (otherwise the measurement would be worthless), but where... 😕
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,109 Views)
The result of the IVI Scope Read Waveform is stored in Step.Reading. For each channel, there are parameters called Type, Channel, IntialX, DeltaX, and Data. The Data parameter is the array you must be assigning to a local variable. You can assign InitialX and DeltaX to locals as well. Something like Locals.DeltaX = Step.Result.Reading[0].InitialX
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,099 Views)