From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote monitoring data read/write through TCP/IP mode

I am unable to run this code, the connection is well established and IP is detected of the battery simulator (192.168.1.100) in the NI MAX under the remote monitor system and when I run the code it doesn't show the output while accessing the channels, even it is showing remote activated in the controller itself (battery simulator show symbol "R" when it active for remote control), but unable to take readings. 

Note: code doesn't show error without connecting the remote system and error initially generated from reference inside the loop. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(982 Views)

Hello ,, whats your hardware used ?

CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(974 Views)

I am using Chroma battery simulator 69200-1, and incorporated SCPI commands listed in the user manual.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(948 Views)
  • Get rid of the Local Variables "reference" and "error out" and simply use wires.  Local Variables "look simple", but defeat the most important feature of LabVIEW, the concept of Data Flow.  For this reason, only "experts" with 2-5 years of active LabVIEW experience should use them.  [I use them occasionally ...].
  • Your Event Structure's Case 3 (where you appear to want to read from the TCP/IP connection) will never run, as there is no "Event" associated with it.
  • This is a very poorly designed piece of LabVIEW code.  Wires are "broken" and then put back together using Local Variables (the first Point I mentioned), you have code that cannot be run (the code in the Timeout section) because Control variables ("Initialize") are hidden, you don't understand how to use Event Structures (and how to use them with Boolean "Latching" Controls, which you also don't understand), and how to keep your code "neat" and able to fit on a single laptop screen.
  • Please find yourself a LabVIEW Guru whom you can shadow and learn the basics.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(903 Views)