Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programing agilent E5062A with external controller

Hello ,

I am looking for a solution to agilent E5062A program to load a .sta file
I already use the command: MMEM: LOAD an error occurs invalid separator please help 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,451 Views)

It looks like your SCPI command isn't properly formatted...but you didn't post the code so can't be absolutely sure.

On instruments I use the SCPI command to load a saved config file is something like...

MMEM:LOAD 'filename';

Note, there's no space between ":" and LOAD.  But I've had issues on some instruments with the filename string. Make sure you use the ' quotes.  Consult the manual for more details on file paths.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,427 Views)

I use the following python code but an error :error separator 

import Gpib

inst=Gpib.Gpib(0,16)

inst.write(":MMEM:LOAD ""USER(D)/state.sta""")

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,399 Views)

Stil no luck?  Try..

inst.write(":MMEM:LOAD 'USER(D)/state.sta';")  - Note changed parentheses and the ; at the end.  Probably a termination char also (\r or \n or \r\n) but I don't know how those are handled in python these days.

Some older Agilent instruments didn't support spaces in filename and there may be a maximum filename length that's shorter than the Windows standards.  So try names that fit the old DOS 8.3 format  (abcdefgh.dat).

Craig

Message 4 of 5
(2,391 Views)

@cstorey wrote:

Some older Agilent instruments didn't support spaces in filename and there may be a maximum filename length that's shorter than the Windows standards.  So try names that fit the old DOS 8.3 format  (abcdefgh.dat).

Remember that if multiple files begin with the same 8 characters in the DOS 8.3 format, then you will need to see which order they are alphanumerically and add a ~ followed by a single digit to the first 6 characters.  (abcdef~2.dat) for the second file in alphanumeric order.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,387 Views)