Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nidaqmx python example error message

Hi,

I'm trying to run the nidaqmx example shown bellow, using the NI USB-6008:

I've installed the python nidaqmx package and the NIDAQmx Runtime eviroment 18.10 under windows 10.

The examples are:

https://github.com/ni/nidaqmx-python/blob/master/nidaqmx_examples/ao_voltage_hw_timed.py

and

https://github.com/ni/nidaqmx-python/blob/master/nidaqmx_examples/ao_voltage_sw_timed.py

But I get the error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ao_voltage_hw_timed.py", line 7, in <module>
    task.timing.cfg_samp_clk_timing(1000)
  File "C:\Users\LocalAdmin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx\_task_modules\timing.py", line 3007, in cfg_samp_clk_timing
    check_for_error(error_code)
  File "C:\Users\LocalAdmin\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx\errors.py", line 127, in check_for_error
    raise DaqError(error_buffer.value.decode("utf-8"), error_code)
nidaqmx.errors.DaqError: Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: DAQmx_SampTimingType
Requested Value: DAQmx_Val_SampClk
Possible Values: DAQmx_Val_OnDemand

Task Name: _unnamedTask<0>

Status Code: -200077

Any ideas why I get this message?

-Olli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,238 Views)

Hello,

With USB-600x there is no hardware timing available. You need to run "sw_timed" example.

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,184 Views)

Hello,

sorry it does not solve the problem. I have the exact same problem and I get the same error message by running the 'sw timed' example at nidaqmx-python/ao_voltage_sw_timed.py at master · ni/nidaqmx-python · GitHub

Do you have an idea how to solve/debug this?

error message:

1 Channel 1 Sample Write:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ao_voltage_sw_timed.py", line 8, in <module>
print(task.write(1.0))
File "C:\Users\od_19\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx-0.5.7-py3.8.egg\nidaqmx\task.py", line 1169, in write
channels_to_write = self.channels
File "C:\Users\od_19\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx-0.5.7-py3.8.egg\nidaqmx\task.py", line 167, in channels
return Channel._factory(
File "C:\Users\od_19\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx-0.5.7-py3.8.egg\nidaqmx\_task_modules\channels\channel.py", line 118, in _factory
check_for_error(error_code)
File "C:\Users\od_19\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\nidaqmx-0.5.7-py3.8.egg\nidaqmx\errors.py", line 127, in check_for_error
raise DaqError(error_buffer.value.decode("utf-8"), error_code)
nidaqmx.errors.DaqError: Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: DAQmx_AO_Max
Requested Value: 10.0
Maximum Value: 5.0
Minimum Value: 0.0
Channel Name: Dev1/ao0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<0>

Status Code: -200077

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,285 Views)

It states it clearly

Requested Value: 10.0