Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we create an interface program for an LED IV&LJ reading?

We have a program created by other users to perform an IV&LJ measurement on an LED. However we seem to have encountered a problem with the software because some portions of them appear to be missing. Please find attached the program with several question marks that denote the missing portions of the program. Any sort of help rendered will be most appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,294 Views)

The attachment is not there. If you click the Preview Post button, it loses the attachment.

When you open the VI, you will be prompted to locate the missing subVIs. you should at least know the name of them. If they are from an instrument driver, you can go to http://sine.ni.com/idnetwork/ and search for them.

Message 2 of 6
(3,287 Views)
sorry for the missing attachment...regarding the missing icon, its some sort of input that we dont really know the name of it as explained by the creator. Is it possible that you email me some of the samples of the programming for creating the interface of LED IV & LJ graphs?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,268 Views)
Hello "the Stig"
       It looks like the original creator was using a FieldPoint module, which is one of NI's distributed data logging/control devices.  If you don't need your application to be distributed, you could use a data acquisition card.  As far as the other missing VIs, they look like VIs that the creator made, so I recommend that you attempt to contact the creator and get the entire application.  If you got the application from somewhere on ni.com, please provide the link.

Cheers,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,250 Views)
The names of the missing VIs are displayed when you are open the main VI and are prompted to find them. Your program will not work until you locate them or replace them. It appears that most of them are some dialogs for the the user to set start and stop points. These are used to calculate number of steps and the step sizes for the for loops. You can replace the dialogs and use controls for # of steps and step sizes if you want to simplify the program.

I've never used the field point hardware but it appears there is (in the sequence structures) a write to a field point module to set the current and a read of another to get the voltage. I don't understand the display of the data though. The voltage and current are logged to a file and then for the data display, instead of graphing the data directly, the data in the file read and displayed on an XY Graph. If you want to start over, this would be a good place. You need to build an array of x values and an array of y values, bundle them together, and wire that to an XY Graph.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,248 Views)
thanks a lot i will work on that...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,214 Views)