Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fluke 8846a read issue

Hi all,

I have a  fluke 8846 multimeter that im using to measure temperature , i need to log the data with labview , for this i donwloaded the ni drivers for  my fluke 8846 , but whe i run the examples , more especifically the  Fluke 884X Series Read Temperature Measurement.vi  , the multimeter  makes a couple of beeps , a click sound and the lcd  refreshes , the vi stops with only one measure recorded (the last one before the blinks), i want to log the temperature in the vi as it chnages in the multimeter, i dont know what could be the problem.

I cheked the config  on the multimeter , ports on the pc and in max , im using a serial to usb cable.

whe i check with the visa test panel  , this si what i get 

1: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)

Return Count: 6 bytes

2: Write Operation (*IDN?\n)

Return Count: 6 bytes

3: Read Operation
Return Count: 35 bytes
FLUKE,8846A,2428013,08/02/10-11:53\n

4: Read Operation
Return Count: 35 bytes
FLUKE,8846A,2428013,08/02/10-11:53\n

and some errors 

Read Operation
Error

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

whe i read the status byte 

Read STB Operation
Error

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state).

i hope someone can  help me 

thanks 

driver : http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=2EF8BF6ED2A54705E0440003BA7CCD...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,265 Views)
There is not a status byte on a serial port.

Try \r as the terminator. You may be able to change this from the instrument front panel. I don't know what the driver is set to buy you can quickly check that by looking at the block diagram. And please provide the errors that you get with the driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,259 Views)