Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error: dyn. loading libgpibenet.so for linux

I am trying to control a device using the GPIB-ENET.
My operating system is RH-Linux kernel 2.4-18.
I down loaded the linux drivers for the GPIB-ENET box,
and installed them. My interface is written in TCL/TK.
I tried to load the libgpibenet.so lib. dynamically.
I got the following error: couldn't find procedure Gpibenet_init.

2. I also have a GPIB-232 box, and I am able to talk to my devices with no problem. With this box, I send
a wrt command to the box, then send the data to control the device and everything works.
Why can't I do the same thing with the ENET-box, if I open the ethernet port using udp?

Thanks in advance.

MikeT
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,103 Views)
Hi Mike,
I have never run into this problem before. Have you configured the box using the ibconf utility? Have you been able to communicate at all with the enet?

Unfortunatly there is no way to communicate directly with the ENET-box over tcp or udp since the protocol is propietary.

Best Regards,
Aaron K.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,103 Views)
AaronK

Thanks for the reply. I think I have figured out what must occur. I was able to talk to the enet box
using ibic. So, the linux driver does work. My problem is with loading the shared object file libgpibenet.so using TCL/TK. I think a wrapper will have to be written for so TCL can use the .so file.

It too bad that you can't talk directly with the ENET box. It would save a lot of development time. It's also too bad the GPIB-ENET is no longer supported. I like the form factor. I know a lot of people who could use it.

Anyway, thanks again

MikeT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,103 Views)