Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code -1073807247 making function call from 662x driver

I'm running into some trouble using the 662xA IVI driver function calls.  I'm trying to get status of the power supplies using the functions:

hp662x_measureVoltage(), hp662x_measureCurrent(), hp662x_getVoltage(), hp662x_getCurrent(),

but for some reason, it doesn't set the value for the output parameter that I pass into it, and returns with an error status of:

–1073807247 VI_ERROR_USER_BUF "A specified user buffer is not valid or cannot be accessed for the required size."

The output parameter I pass into the functions are of type ViReal64, and although the examples in the help file passes the output parameters by reference (with & before parameter name), in my code it only compiles if I pass it by value (without & before parameter name). Also, I don't have anything connected to the outputs of the power supplies, but I didn't think that is the reason for this error.

I tried to look in the NI knowledgebase for some help, but couldn't find anything pertaining to this error. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,403 Views)

Hi chris2007,

Have you tried using the Plug and Play LabVIEW driver for that instrument?  It can be found here.  I am not sure why the instrument in not responding, but if the Plug and Play driver doesn't work, then it may be a hardware configuration issue.  If it does work, it may be an IVI or driver related issue.  Remember, if you want to try the Plug and Play version, you will have to uninstall the IVI driver first.

Please try this and post back the results.

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,388 Views)
Did you try to use the example that comes with the IVI driver? Or modifying that example?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,373 Views)
The Plug and Play driver is only for models 6625A to 6629A.  I am using models 6623A and 6624A.  Should I still go ahead and try it?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,360 Views)

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I wasn't sure which model you were using.  The driver linked here should work with the 6623 and 6624.

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,342 Views)