Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 14 cannot add resource

This error occurs right in the beginning when the application is launched. (attached snap)

That can be all possibilities?

How to get rid of this error ?

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,241 Views)
i have no idea what your on about...im sure dennis might have something for you, but you could be at least be more specific, AND start a new thread!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,236 Views)
Hi Sandeep,

I have attached a file that I assume is the error file you posted. (it was in another thread).  Please provide more information about your system and how the error is generated.  Do you get this error every time?  with other programs?  with example programs?  What hardware do you have?  What does the program do?  Please post these answers so we can attempt to help you solve your problem.  Have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,213 Views)
Thanks, Chris.

Error seems to be originated from 1830-C Newport optical power meter.
I am attaching the VI for your ref (in LabVIEW 7.1)

This VI is downloaded from NI website , seems to be developed by Newport though.
This seems quite old VI. (I think this driver is erronous)

Error occurs some times - not always. But it occurs on all stations wherever we are using this 1830-C device.

This VI is part of initial configuration of the device, The error comes at configuration (I am attaching the configure parent VI also.)

Thanks for your help.

regards
Sandeep

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,205 Views)
Hi Sandeep,
I have attached 2 simple GPIB and VISA programs that you should be able to run using your power meter.  One uses the basic GPIB commands and other uses VISA commands.  All you should have to do is change the addressing information.  Try running these programs and see if you see similar behavior with your instrument as you did with the drivers you were previously using.  These programs will bypass those driver files so we can see where the problem is originating.  Unfortunately, we do not support that particular driver since we have not tested it or used that particular instrument.  If it turns out to be the driver that is causing the trouble, you may want to contact the developers of that driver or the instrument manufacturers to see if they have any additional LabVIEW options for you.  Or, you may be able to use one of these programs I have sent as a basis to develop your own driver. 
If you have any other questions, just let me know.  Have a great day!

Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Chris R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,182 Views)

Thank you Chris R. for the VIs,

I was testing a HP4140B pA METER / DC VOLTAGE SOURCE, Far from a power meter. I kept getting the error 14 and was unable to go further verifying the 488. The VI was supplied from the vi locator.

I tried using your Basic GPIB Write and Read.vi. After I set the GPIB address to 3, the GPIB was able to communicate as shown on the attached PDF. I have established the HP4140B can communicate.

Best Regards,

Bottom Rung

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,013 Views)