Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is associated with the value of the HR2000+'s Spectral Data through the VISA driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

I've got the HR2000+ES here and I've successfully got it talking with labview and I can't change integration times and pull spectrum data.  I'm aware that I will have to take into account the CCD's lack of efficiency regarding the higher wavelengths and lower wavelengths, however I don't believe I'm at that step yet.  In my dark spectra, I receive roughly values around 8700 across all pixels.  I haven't a clue on what exactly that is corresponding to.  Does this correlate to a saturation value of each pixel? I know I'm getting close to having this operational, but it seems this one obstacle stands in my way.

Thank you for any help or ideas anyone can offer,

-John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deezee

Hi John,

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you're acquiring your data from your instrument through VISA correctly. I'm a little bit unsure of where exactly you need assistance. Is your question regarding getting your data into LabVIEW, or is it about interpreting the data that you do receive? The manufacturer of your device would be able to help explain what the values you are receiving correspond to in terms of the pixels (saturation value or otherwise). However, if you're wondering how to manipulate your data in LabVIEW or need help with specifications for VISA, etc then that's something that we can certainly help you out with from our side!

Best,

Courtney L.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,744 Views)