Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HP 4156 instrument with Labview 2010 in Windows 7

Solved!
Go to solution

We recently purchased Labview 2010 for Windows 7 and porting some software we had on Labview 6.  These programs control two instruments: the HP (Agilent) 4156A parameter analyzer and the Keithley 7001 switch system.  When I looked for the instrument drivers for those two systems, they were only available for Labview 2009 and the associated NI-VISA 3.2 driver is not compatible with Windows 7.  Do you have any suggestions on how we can run Labview 2010 on Windows 7 with the HP (Agilent) 4156A and Keithley 7001?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JPLlabrat

A driver in 2009 can be loaded by 2010 and that is the minimum version of VISA you can use. You don't even need the newer instrument driver. Just run your existing code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,683 Views)

hello sir,

I am working on WSN for my project work, i didnt got any material on how to interface and programming microstrain WLS accelerometer in labview. I am using this for vibration monitoring of an aircraft wing shape plate. i want to program in such a way that all sensor should be in sleep mode except one which will monitor continuosly, if the frequency from that sensor crosses the threshold then other sensor should wake up and start sending data to check wether all sensor giving same reading and further control will be taken depend on reading. This is about my problem.

But, i am searching for materials to know about interfacing and programming , but i am notable to get the things, so i need help at this moment,

If i come to know briefly how we will interface and programming then i can look for required hardware which may not be thr with us presently,ans also i wantto know wat are the drivers required . i am using labview 2010.

Thank u in advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,431 Views)

Hi quadratic eqyation,

We prefer that you not duplicate posts as this clutters up the forums. If it is a different issue please create new posts for the issue.

Post answered at:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=140&message.id=45894

Thank you!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,408 Views)