From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidex 11 problem with Labview 8.2 and GPIB

Hi everybody,
I am having a hard time to get my Unidex 11 working. I have a Unidex 11 connected with a GPIB-USB-HS controller to my computer. The Labview Measurement & Automation Explorer recognizes  one out of the three instruments in the Unidex 11, but not the one I need. I downloaded the au11_12 package but there are just some example vis that dont seem to work.
I think it might be a problem with the older GPIB standard ( the Unidex has 488 or 488.1) and the Labview stuff if for 488.2

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,225 Views)

The 488.2 standard is backwards compatible with 488 and 488.1.

I'm not at all familiar with this instrument but I did a google search and it appears that the Unidex houses different types of drives? It is the Unidex that would handle communication to individual drives in it's chassis. If you can detect two out of the three drives, it doesn't sound like a problem with the GPIB communications to the Unidex but a problem with communications between the Unidex and the drive. I would suggest you contact the vendor.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,223 Views)

Hi,

thanks for the help. I am now able to find the Instrument, but not communicate with it. I always get this error message:  the device did not respond to a *IDN? query. 

The device is very old ( build in 1989) so I think its to old for the SCPI  and therefore doesn't recognize the *IDN? command.

So i looked up some commands in the manual and tried them in the Interactive Control, but they don't work either. I always get a time out error (EABO).

What else could i try? 

The Instrument if definitely working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,167 Views)