Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select and place Instrument Driver VI icons onto the block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to automate some RF measurements using a Spectrum Analyzer from Rohde and Schwarz. I downloaded the Rohde and Schwarz spectrum analyzer driver named "rsspecan" version 2.6.1 for Labview from the Rohde and Schwarz website to be used in my labview software version 7.1.

I copied the files into the appropriate folders within the Labview software files in the C drive. I am able to access these files through the functions--->Instrument I/O--->Instrument Driver palette in the Labview block diagram but when I select the VI icon which I want to place, I am unable to place it on the block diagram. Instead of hovering below the cursor on clicking the VI icon, clicking the VI icon has no response whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,685 Views)

That driver is compiled with LabVIEW 2010, so will not work with LabVIEW 7.1.  It is a lot of code, but if you post the subsection you need to the version conversion board, someone may be able to downconvert it for you.  There have been a lot of changes since 7.1, so it may not be possible.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek.madhavan.13

Thank you very much for the help.

So, is there a way to get the driver for the above mentioned spectrum analyzer online, which will also be compatible with LabVIEW 7.1, so that I do not have to go through the version conversion board?

Thanks again,

Vivek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,670 Views)
The version conversion board IS online. Unless you have all of the necessary intermediate versions of LabVIEW to do the conversion yourself, the board is your only option unless you upgrade your very old version.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,654 Views)

Thank you Dennis.

Vivek

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,645 Views)