Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6343 Help

I would like to apologize if I posted this is in the wrong board. 

Our facility has the NI USB-6343 and is connected to a Dell Optiplex 7460 AIO. When we plug the USB-6343 into the computer the computer will turn on but will not load past the dell sign. When we unplug the USB-6343 then turn on the computer the computer starts and loads windows 10 with no issues. We then can plug the USB-6343 into the usb and it works just fine. We have reviewed devices and USB-6343 is listed. We are using NIDAQ 17.1. As much as it is easy to say leave the computer on, we shut it down at the end of the shift.  

Checked BIOS setting and all USB front/rear are enabled.

Updated windows drivers for usb

BIOS firmware has been upgraded

1) What is the make/model of your computer? Dell Optiplex 7460 AIO

2) Does the device show up in Windows Device Manager? Does it show up as a "Unknown Device" or somewhere else in the device manager tree? Shows up as USB-6343

3) What version of DAQmx (the driver) do you have on your laptop? 17.1

4) Do you have any activity on the LED lights on the front of the 6343?  If this connected to a good power source as well as the USB cable? Yes there are LED lights on. New USB Cable and even tried another one. 

Could it be the USB-6343 and the AIO are not compatible? It doesn't make sense it would work after windows has loaded. My first thought was the BIOS needed the firmware to be upgraded, but after that it did not fix the issue. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,242 Views)

Does this issue happen with other computers or just this one?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,199 Views)

The USB-6434 works on another All In One from startup to shutdown. But not on the Dell Optiplex 7460 AIO. Just doesn't seem to startup with the USB-6434 plugged in. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,194 Views)