Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test & Measurement Setup

Hi everyone! 

I want to renew an old test/measurement setup involving the instruments listed below:

Tektronix TDS3032B - Oscilloscope

Keysight Technologies E4416A - Power Meter

Keysight Technologies E4445A - Spectrum Analyzer

Keysight Technologies  66000A - DC Power Module

The instruments are used for testing and taking measurements on a certain device and the tests are controlled using an old TestStand version on an even older PC using windows xp. The instruments are operated using GPIB interface.

I want to upgrade to a newer PC- and TestStand version. Thus, I'm looking for suggestions to what setup to use in regards to PC and a new GPIB-controller card.

Any ideas are appreciated! 

Regards,

Spole

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,058 Views)

Hello Spole!

What GPIB interface are you currently using? GPIB has not changed in the last decade(s), so there is a chance that you can re-use your old interface.

Most flexible is probably an GPIB to USB interface like NI's GPIB-USB-HS+. Regarding the PC itself there is no limitation, just pick any that suits your general needs.

Side-node on NI GPIB adapters: Buy it originally, not from ebay. There are lots of fake older models GPIB-USB-HS (without the + symbol) around on ebay for 15% of the original price. They do not work. You'll notice things like "Original National Instrumens" (missing "t") using original NI pictures, but then a description like "High Quality, but not original", "made in China", etc.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
Message 2 of 2
(2,031 Views)