Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solartron 1250

Hello

I need help for operating a command "BREAK".  When I am giving a Break command the GPIB Buffer is not resetting. The final data is still remaining in this buffer. So when I am reading a data through computer using LabView,  it reads the last data which is stored in the buffer as first data. 

How to reset the GPIB buffer?

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,353 Views)

Hello

" *CLS " is it enough for resetting the GPIB buffer in Solartron 1250?

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,350 Views)

There is no such thing as a GPIB 'Break' so you really need to provide the details on what you are actually writing to the instrument. Is this an instrument specific command?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,350 Views)

Hello

BREAK is a command of solartron 1250. In the manual it is mentioned as a GPIB command used to give a                " Break IN" to the instrument. It is actually used to reset the GPIB buffer or may be internal memory(I don't know). It is mentioned as after one sec it resets the memory. But I given a Break IN command to the FRA, it is not resetting.

After giving a sweep, we can stop the sweeping using Break IN command or front panel switch.

I communicate the instrument using Labview. At the first sweep it stops at the max frequency which I given. Again I given a sweep for another frequency range. In this it gives the first reading or frequency is the max frequency which I given in the first sweep. for example

FR min= 0.1 Hz; FR max=1000Hz and sweeping 10st/dec Logup. After this I gave

FR min= 1Hz; FR max=10Hz and sweeping 1Hz Lin up.

The first reading of the second sweep will be 1000Hz. It is to be changed to 1Hz as the first reading.

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,348 Views)

Most easy is to read all characters that are present but some older instruments keep outpuuting measurement data on a read and the solartron is old....

So I don't know. But the best is don't break, than you don't have the problem.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,334 Views)

Hello albert

This is the only way to reset the buffer and generator, analyzer sweep and everything except  GPIB

I think this is due to instrument problem. I need to check with another instrument.

This is very old instrument without any driver. Nobody trying to make any driver. Because this is out. But every one needs this instruments that is the success of solatron. Nobody trying to make or design like this one.

But i am trying to make with combination of some other instruments. 

Thank you

"Thanks with regards "
by
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,300 Views)

not completely true

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=978BBA29B763128EE04400144FB7D2...

this is for the 1254

but maybe it supports some stuff from the 1250

I should have somewhere also some old software but not in the correct place

If you need it I'll search again

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,261 Views)