Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting UNITS / DIVISION on a Spectrum analyser using IVI drivers (IviSpecAn_SetAttributeViReal64 ? )

Anyoune managed it?

I attempted to use IviSpecAn_SetAttributeViReal64 to do this, but had no success. I dont know what I am doing.

Anyone had to do this or use IviSpecAn_SetAttributeViReal64 before and can post an example of how it should be set up.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,251 Views)

Hello John,

In general we recommend that you use the Configuration functions to configure your instrument driver.  The functions are designed to configure related parameters together, which is normally the best approach.  Have you tried running an IVI Class Driver example for your instrument?  Please also be aware that in order to use the IVI Class drivers, you must have the an IVI Specific driver installed that supports your instrument.  Please see the Instrument Driver Troubleshooting Guide for a more complete list of steps.

Cheers,

NathanT

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,222 Views)

I understand what you are saying, but neither the IVI or VISA drivers Configuration functions support setting dB/division on the analyser display which is why I am trying to do it this way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,220 Views)

Hello John,

Please tell us which specific instrument you are using and which IVI Specific instrument driver you are using (and where you downloaded it from).  Also, please let us know the ADE that you are using and the full name of the attribute that you want to set.

A good place to look for an example of how to call SetAttribute is the source code of the IVI specific driver.

Cheers,

NathanT

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,200 Views)