From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query ID for HP8562A Spectrum Analyzer

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm just having some trouble communicating with my HP8562A Spectrum Analyzer. I tried sending the query "*IDN?" but it cannot read it (probably due to the age of the analyzer). I'm looking around for the query that the analyzer can understand but have had no luck so far. If anyone has had any experience with this instrument and communicating with it using GPIB, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mIKE78
Try with "ID?" (no * and no N)
Message 2 of 5
(3,973 Views)

I use an Agilent 8563EC and I use "ID?" with a VISA Write node.  I use "*IDN?"  for IEEE 488.2 compliant equipment. Note that pre-IEEE 488.2 equipment do not use the "*<query>?" form? It can be anything the manufacturer decided for their equipment. In this case, HP used "ID?" with no star/asterisk.

IDN and ID query.jpg

Cheers!

Aldrin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,318 Views)
And you are bumping a 5 year old, solved thread with the same information, for what reason?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,314 Views)

I was, indeed, a little bit surprised receiving the notification email today, years after my last post on this forum...  Smiley Happy

And meanwhile, I see you became 30k - congrats!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,309 Views)