Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a Newport SMC100 motion controller

Hello all,

I'm programming a Newport SMC100 motion controller using the downloaded the LabVIEW drivers, but I can't get it into a mode that allows it to move.  I can communicate with it to get it from the error mode (solid red LED) to the configuration mode (slow flashing red LED), and I can read all the settings, but there doesn't seem to be a command to get it into the mode where it will move (solid green LED).  Maybe some of you have programmed this controllers before and have an idea of how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,981 Views)

Karl,

I am not personally familiar with this device, but can I ask where you got the driver from?  I haven't been able to find a certified driver on our website, but I did find a link to ftp://download.newport.com/MotionControl/Current/MotionControllers/SMC100/Software/ on one of our other discussion forums threads.  Is this where you got your driver?  If not, it looks like there may be some good LabVIEW example programs available on this ftp site.

Eric K

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Message Edited by Eric K on 03-17-2009 03:31 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,962 Views)

hello. i have the same problem now. did you managed to solve it? how?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,864 Views)

Hi Neparius,

This thread is over 4 years old, so I would recommend starting a new thread if you have specific questions. Where did you get the driver from? I took a look at our instrument driver network (http://www.ni.com/idnet) but did not see any drivers that matched that product. However, the FTP link above still works so I would start with that driver.

Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,838 Views)
I vaguely remember that there is something in the calling sequence of the open. My colleaque modified that one but a good memory would be beter then I could write it down imediately.
Please send me the original open vi than I compare it with ours
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,827 Views)