Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Configuration (.ini) File to Call Specific RS-232 Hexadecimal Commands during Simulation

Hello, 

I have two separate VI's, one for sending and receiving Hexadecimal commands using text files over RS-232 comms and the other VI uses a Configuration (.ini) file for manipulating compact DAQ channels, (Analogue Outputs/Digital Output modules).

What I want to achieve is for both VI's to operate as one program, whereby as the channels are set and active in hardware, can be programmed to fire a specific RS-232 command (equivalent to a sub-routine) and receive a response. I want to accomplish this so that I can track the parameters set in the motor controller and make sure that everything is 'bug' free.

I think my main concern is whether both these VI's are compatible with each other? At this stage I have two separate programs running with different formats, one using .txt and the other using .ini.

I need to be able to call a subroutine from .ini or in the VI somehow to fire a specific hexadecimal .txt command depending on what is being exercised on the cDAQ modules.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,386 Views)

I would start by breaking up your serial interface into an Initialization, Send, and Close VIs.  The idea is that you initialize at the beginning of your program and close at the end.  In the middle, you can do the operating all you want.  Attached is probably what you should have in your Send VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,375 Views)