Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Interfacing Kiethely 2010 DDM with LAbview

You might want to have Context Help turned on. Move your mouse over the Fomat Value function and in the help window, click on the Detailed Help link. That will explain what the %d does. It's amazing how much you can learn by just reading the manual.Smiley Wink.

As far as the \r\n (not the /r/n as you wrote), the string constant has the '\' Codes Display turned on. You get this by right clicking on the constant. A \r and a \n are a Carriage Return and a Line Feed. They are apparently needed to terminate the command string.

Message 11 of 22
(1,693 Views)

thanks for helping me out but i am still blank on the %d command i even read the detailed help but i was unable to find te answer kindly enlighten me it with the command

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,691 Views)

The format %d says to take the numeric input and convert to a signed decimal integer string. The exact help topic is Format Specifiers Syntax Elements. In your code with :"Route:Scan (@%D:" and if you had the number 2 as an input, the function would output ":Route:Scan (@2:"

This is basic stuff in LabVIEW. Did you ever take any of the tutorials I gave a link to?

Message 13 of 22
(1,678 Views)

hi

im student, using tha keithley 2010 for scanning GPIB port ....The Kiethley 2010 uses a scanner card with multiple channels (exactly 10 channels) and i want to give the user the freedom to use any of the 10 channels he want how can i do this in labview 

i used  Keithley 2010 Scan Config.vi but it has a missing subvi called "GPIB Send Message.vi" if u could kindly upload that as well .... waiting for ur reply ..... kindly help me out for my project

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,473 Views)
You have to download the entire driver. The link is given.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,468 Views)
from where i can get the drive ..... n how can i download the send messege.vi?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,460 Views)

Read the thread. The link to the driver is given.

I also gave the link in one of your other posts on the exact same subject before I noticed it was a duplicate.  Ask your question once and once only!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,459 Views)

sorry 4 double posting the same messge....thnks a lot 4 ur reply....yes the link is

http://www.keithley.com/support/keidoc_searchresult?keyword=2010&item_type=All

my drivers for kiethley is installed

im actually not understanding  send messege.vi?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,453 Views)
on the link page the driver is for labview 6.0........i have labview 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,452 Views)
So? You didn't even try to download it and open it, did you?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,450 Views)