Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parity error when comm. with two devices

Hi there, I am going throught some issue here, and maybe someone could help me: i need to talk to and optical encoder (Pepperl+Fuchs PCV) that reads a data matrix tape and returns the current position, and move an IMS Mdrive 23 stepper to the desired position. Both of them communicate via Serial 485 and are connected on same bus. I have written a code to read the position from the encoder, and it works fine. The issue happens on a program that reads the position from the encoder (parity even) and then sends a command to the stepper motor (no parity): the subvi that reads the encoder returns:

Error -1073807254 occurred at VISA Read in encoder.vi->Motor2.0.vi

Possible reason(s): (VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF006A) A parity error occurred during transfer.

I put a flush block to try to solve this, but it didn't work. I also tried to put an Error Replacement Character property node after the visa read , but again, it did not work at all. When the error happens, the parity is even (as it should be) before de VISA Read, and none after that block. How can I solve this problem? Any hints?

Regards,

Vitor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,027 Views)