Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with software for GPIB-HS-USB cable Windows 10 drivers

I have a GPIB-USB-HS cable, I have been using it at my company for 4+ years.  I recently upgraded to Windows 10 software (from Windows 7).  I installed NI MAX ver-20.0.0f0.  In device manager it showed the cable has enumerated when I plugged it into the USB port, but the NI MAX software stated "This GPIB device is not a genuine National Instruments product, Error code - 37056" (see attached image).

Here are the details for the cable:

Part #: 187965G-01L

Serial #:  15E4D11

As you can see from the attached pictures, the cable is a National Instruments cable with a National Instruments chip inside.

I understand from other posts on this forum that the work-around for this issue is to use ver-17.0 of the NI-MAX software.   If someone from NI technical support can help me locate that software that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

C

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,251 Views)

You will want to read through this thread - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Genuine-NI-GPIB-USB-HS-warning-message/m-p/3...

You'll have to call NI with that SN to check whether it is indeed a valid NI product.  Then they can help from there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,182 Views)